"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Wednesday 16 November 2011

A little History behind fashion and designing

Once a friend ask me : "where did you get your dress from ?"   and when I replied : " I made it myself"...... I could see the looks of doubts, and I explained the story behind :
Well when I was 12 years old, I was studying in La Paz- Bolivia, all the curriculum subjects, and apart from them, we studied textiles and design one day in the afternoon and basic hairdressing. (Our school offered this lessons to adults as well).
So for one year we studied both extra curriculum subjects, where we learned the basics of hairdressing, cutting, styling , etc. And with the design and textiles we learned all the basics from, how to saw a button, different materials, etc, then for a second year they made us choose one of the extra curriculum subjects, and I chose textiles and designing, we got motivated to know that we would create three pieces of clothing of our choice and our design !!! I remember making a short-sleeve shirt, a pair of trousers, and a dress, ( which I used to wear very proudly !! he he ) 

And as it was our last year, some students from the adult classes, had to do a fashion show, showing their designs for their final year, and some of my friends and I got chosen to be take part !! Little did we know that the school's fashion show was going to be televised for a program live!! we couldnt complained, we had a great experience and had lots of fun !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment