"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Monday 24 April 2017

Review: Saturday 22nd of April : The stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts Show

Fabrics inspired by andean textiles by :Fabrics Galore London
I absolutely loved the Stitching, Sewing and Hobycrafts show last saturday! 
It was the first time I attended and I was overwhelmed by the exhibitors, who where giving demonstrations, guiding people, there was so much to do, to see, and to buy! 

I've always had, since a little girl, an urging curiosity to learn what my mum was making, whether she was knitting or sewing. She used to make clothes for me when I was a child, and I was fascinated! Hence hooked in the idea of making something and make it unique.

On saturday all those memories came back as I was walking along the show, it was amazing to  see the different ideas, all the things people made, the creativity was unbelievable.

One of my favourite findings has to be the fabrics inspired by andean textiles (shown above), by Fabrics Galore, they had an amazing selection of fabrics.

Also loved the trimmings, specially the pom poms, wich I reckon will be on trend this summer, Folk Fashion, always comes back. 
Well I am from Bolivia and I'm always drawn towards something folk, to be honest, but every summer in London the trend for folk fashion is growing.

And the show it's a great opportunity to buy those trimmings or materials, and to discover something new as well!


I also enjoyed the Arty Crafty, block printing techniques, and the workshops they were giving, something I shall try next !
Handcarved indian printing blocks - Arty Crafty
I missed out on their workshop, as there was so much to do, but I saw what everyone there was making and looked really cool.

Arty Crafty have a variety of handcarved printing blocks, which, I wish I could have them all !! so many to choose from.

I would totally recommend this show to everyone, it's such a great day out, you never know what you might discover, or what new skill you might want to learn. 

It's ideal for kids too! It was great to see little girls with their mums and grandmothers, showing that interest in learning how to sew, how to knit, etc.

It is, I think, important for kids to be creative, for them to let their imagination free.
Specially now , that everything seems to be run by technology.

Therefore events like this, I think, are vital to keep everyone creative, I had an amazing time, left inspired with many ideas. 

I would also like to specially thanks Fiona from Fizzi~Jayne makes, for the tickets to the show, I really appreciate it! you can check her blog too: :https://fizzijaynemakes.blogspot.co.uk/

Don't miss out on future events check out ICHF Events website, The UK's leading lifestyle, craft and cake shows. 
 
And I hope be at their next show
in London!



Love Lindsey x 

Hand knitted monkeys



No comments:

Post a Comment