"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Thursday 2 May 2013

Cocktail Recipe : Pisco Sour .... take me to Peru ...

Pisco Sour is Peru's national cocktail, created in Lima in the early 1900s, I loved the cocktail the first time I tried it in London. Therefore I had to learn how to make it myself, I already done a Passion Fruit Pisco Sour, to experiment and start with.... and now I followed the recipe of Martin Morales from Ceviche (a peruvian restaurant in London) who on a video teaches how to make the Perfect Pisco Sour, and yes it has been proven !!

I followed his recipe, and I must say its a cocktail that I will be making quite a lot this summer !! But I will go to the restaurant to try the original...  I cant believe I haven't been to Ceviche yet ! soon I will ;)

Pisco Sour : Ingredients :

50ml Pisco
30ml Fresh Lime juice
20ml Sugar Syrup
1 egg white
3-4 ice cubes
Drops of Amargo Bitters (Angostura Bitters)

Basically put everything in the cocktail shaker , add the ice cubes at the end, and then shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds, then strain it into a pisco glass... or wine glass as I used ;) then the final touch a couple of drops of amargo bitters

recipe from Martin Morales ( Ceviche London ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment